Monday, March 14, 2011

Shredded BBQ Chicken Sandwiches with Homemade BBQ Sauce


This BBQ sauce is so good and it's an easy dinner to make using your slow cooker! On homemade buns, these really melt in your mouth.

BBQ Chicken Sandwiches

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 1/2 c. ketchup
1/3 c. dijon mustard (I just used the cheap generic brand)
5 Tbs brown sugar
4 garlic cloves, minced
5 Tbs honey
1/4 c. A1 steak sauce
4 Tbs lemon juice (juice of one large lemon)
3 Tbs liquid smoke (you can find this by the BBQ sauce in the grocery store, I used Stubbs Mesquite liquid smoke and it was really good)
salt and pepper to taste

Place chicken breasts in slow cooker, pour in enough water to cover and cook on low 6 hours.

When it gets close to the 6 hours, in a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine remaining ingredients. Bring to a gentle boil and turn heat down to low, simmer for 10-15 minutes.

Remove chicken breasts to a large cutting board and pour all leftover water out of the slow cooker and throw away. Wipe clean.
Shred chicken breasts. Add chicken breasts and homemade BBQ sauce back into the slow cooker, stir gently to combine. Let cook on low at least one hour to combine flavors. Leftovers would be great on pizza!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to see you're posting again!! I've cooked with a few of your receipes, and my family loves them!! THANK YOU!!

The Frosted Cupcake said...

Thank you! I'm so glad you enjoy my recipes, I love comments!

Stef said...

Cama-lama...YOU'RE AMAZING! I wish I had an ounce of your talent and love of cooking!